I'm usually the one that exhausted from wrapping all night, hardly sleeping because of the anxiety of Christmas morning, then the clean up, starts cooking a FULL blown 20 course breakfast. Not THIS year... I prepared the Cinnamon rolls and icing the night before and tossed the breakfast in the slow cooker.. Once all the presents were unwrapped, breakfast was warm and READY!!!!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (I used a package of frozen cubed I had for a potato soup)
- 1 lb of bacon or sausage cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (I used a keilbasa, wasn't sure how soggy the bacon would turn out) Or even add other types of meat
- 1/2 cup onions – diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper - or to taste
- Beat eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper set aside...
- Lay 1/3 potatoes on bottom.. top with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Next sprinkle 1/3 of the meat on top of the potatoes
- Then top the next layer with cheese
- Repeat until you have 3 layers
- Take your egg mixture and pour over layers.
- refrigerated hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- For frozen hash browns, cook for 8-9 hours on low or until eggs are set.
X0X0 Always 0X0X,