Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best Christmas Breakfast EVER

We had an awesome Christmas.  Hope you all did too.  All in all, we are still displaced, but living with family has its perks.  We are a very close knit unit and it has been wonderful being able to spend time with my sister, mom, niece and nephew, and watching the gremlins be able to spend quality time with them too.  I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I just couldn't help myself I HAD to share this with you all. I love my crock pot, and quite frankly I've neglected the slow cooking art as much as my blogging, but I DID try out a new recipe for Christmas breakfast.. YUP you heard me right BREAKFAST in the crock pot.  OK.. It may not be news to SOME of you, but it was AWESOME new for me.

I'm usually the one that exhausted from wrapping all night, hardly sleeping because of the anxiety of Christmas morning, then the clean up, starts cooking a FULL blown 20 course breakfast.  Not THIS year... I prepared the Cinnamon rolls and icing the night before and tossed the breakfast in the slow cooker..  Once all the presents were unwrapped, breakfast was warm and READY!!!!

And DELICIOSO!!






 Ingredients


  •  1 dozen eggs
  •  1 cup milk
  • 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (I used a package of frozen cubed I had for a potato soup) 
  • 1 lb of bacon or sausage cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (I used a keilbasa, wasn't sure how soggy the bacon would turn out) Or even add other types of meat 
  • 1/2 cup onions – diced
  • 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
  • 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper - or to taste
Directions

  • Beat eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper set aside...
  • Lay 1/3 potatoes on bottom.. top with a pinch of salt and pepper
  • Next sprinkle 1/3 of the meat on top of the potatoes
  • Then top the next layer with cheese
  • Repeat until you have 3 layers
  • Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. 
  •  
  •  
  •  refrigerated hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low. 
  • For frozen hash browns, cook for 8-9 hours on low or until eggs are set.
 And serve!




X0X0 Always 0X0X,


 

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm.... Slow cooker breakfast sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...