Like a big pizza pie...
You've guessed it.. We've made Pizza...
We've tried many , many recipes in the past, and short of actually buying prepared dough from the local pizzerias, it just never tasted right. We have even gone the easy route and used Pillsbury grand biscuits for minipizza's once.. (the gremlins liked it)
Till we found THIS recipe....
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) rapid-rise yeast
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Make the dough: In a food processor, pulse together flour, cornmeal, yeast, and salt. With processor running, add oil and then 2 cups cold water in a steady steam; process until dough just forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 3 to 4 minutes. Place in a resealable plastic bag; let rise until doubled in bulk, 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator (let come to room temperature before proceeding, about 40 minutes).
- Divide dough into four equal portions; roll into balls, and cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500° . Place each dough ball on a baking sheet; using your hands, gently flatten, and pull into 8-by-10-inch ovals. Top as desired.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and toppings are hot, rotating sheets halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Thank you Mi Cosina
X0X0 Always 0X0X,