Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night....

I remember that night rather clearly.  My brother and I were laying down with my mom watching some show on the television, discussing the huge belly that could not be ignored.  All of sudden I remember her getting up and the mood changing.  I know my brother and I didn't fully understand what was happening, but we knew things had changed.  But we had NO idea just HOW much they had changed, and that they will NEVER be the same.  We were rushed into the car.  I remember the car my parents drove, it was a long brown car.  I think it was a charger or something. I watched as my dad helped my mother out and she leaned on the hood of the car as he came for us.  I was confused by the rush, by the flashing lights, by the commotion. 

I was the same age as my girls are right now (well technically 2 days YOUNGER than they are right now.. bwahahahha) and I can only imagine what our faces must have looked like that day. 

A large woman came out with a wheelchair and took my mother away, and my dad left us with a very friendly woman in the nurses' station. I think her name was Nancy.  She did a phenomenal job at keeping us occupied.  I can not honestly tell you just HOW long we were there with her, but there was one conversation I have never forgotten.  Nancy asks my brother and I if we knew what was going on, and frightened we said no.  Then she went on to explain that our Mommy was having her baby, that soon we would have a brother or a sister.  Well, that of course incited a debate over WHAT we were going home with.  I said we were getting a sister and my brother of course wished for a little more testosterone in the house. 

Somewhere deep down inside I think he feared it'd just be another demon sister like ME.  Bwahahahaha ...

I won...


Happy Birthday SIS...






What can you say about a sister who
Has everything? Laughter, life, love
Smiles, tears, enthusiasm, spark, knowledge,
Spunk and to top it all off, Beauty.

A sister isn’t just a sibling!
She is a whole world.
The things she touches are amazing. The love
She shares is beautiful.
And her encouragement is spectacular.

To have a sister doesn’t make you special,
To know your sister, makes you invincible.
The bond sisters’ share is enlightening.
The love they give to each other is magnificent.

To look into your sisters eyes and know
What she is thinking, isn’t a miracle, it’s natural
To see her smile warms your heart. To hear her talk
Sooths your soul. To feel her heartbeat in you, is special.

They say sisters are from cradle to grave,
But I believe that it is the in between that counts.
When she takes the rap for something you did,
She doesn’t need a thanks, she does it because she cares.

When she sits up till 3:00 AM with you,
Even if she has to get up at 7:00 AM,
She doesn’t feel exhausted, she feels cleansed

When you two cry together till your eyes are all puffy,
She isn’t just sad she believes that it cures the heart.
When she picks out your first prom dress, or brings you
Your first flowers, and when she buys you a card because
You had a bad day she is glad that she could help.

A sister’s word of encouragement or warning
Is always taken to heart. When she explains
How to handle a boy at school, or how to
Talk to mom, she’s touched that you came to her.

When she can sympathize with you
Because she’s been there, it’s comforting.
When she can share your dreams with you,
It’s encouraging. When she beats you up
Because you’re a brat, it’s learning.

Sisters can do anything. Together they
Will conquer the world. But when it’s
All said and done, she will hold your hand
Because she’s proud to be your sister.

So, if you are blessed to have a sister through blood,
Be thankful. And if you’re all alone, grab the first precious girl
In your life, and make her your sister.
Sisters are everything you need.
And a whole lot more.

 © Asia Burkhead




X0X0 Always 0X0X,




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...