Friday, September 16, 2011

A Handful of Firsts.

The gremlins started Prekindergarten last week, and aside from all the drama from the transportation issues, it has gone marvelously.  Their first day was Friday, and I had to drop them off because the bus NEVER came.

The gremlins lined up where they were supposed to and waited patiently for their teacher to come and collect them.  They were totally fine, until all the other kids started to melt down, but I was lucky Luna quickly grabbed her sisters hand and said, "Come on Star, you can be a big girl like me".  I have never been so proud of my critters, or GLAD to have twins.  I honestly thought I was gonna be a basket case, but thanks to a good friend who distracted me with coffee and chilled till it was time to pick up the girls, I hardly had time to even think about ANYTHING.  

Then by Tuesday, to top it off, as they stood in line and started walking in, they sincerely just waved good bye to me and NO fuss... I didn't know if I should be proud they were growing up or sad they are growing up.  Well, today was the FIRST day they rode the bus, and they LOVED it.  As they walked in Star turned to me and said, "Mommy, don't be sad.  OK?"

Quite frankly, I hadn't had a chance to really have it sink in that for 2.5 hours a day I am with out my 2 favorite creatures in the whole wide world till today.  I had to run a few errands, and could NOT stop looking back at the empty car seats.  BUT, I'm happy to announce I MADE it.  We'll just have to see what the rest of this adventure has in store for me..

At least Daddy seems PROUD!!!


X0X0 Always 0X0X,




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. Aw, your babies are all growing up! I remember my kids first day of school. We homeschool now, but I remember thinking how odd it felt to be alone in the car. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls sure are getting big. And it is nice to be twins.They can help each other along in life. I bet you and hubby are real proud. It is not easy dropping them off at school. It does however get easier.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...