Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our GREAT FML Moment!!

 The other day, I was rushing to get to an appointment, and that alone is recipe for disaster... I generally do well under pressure, but absolutely HATE being late.


I start up the van with the car starter (first mistake), I get the gremlins in the van, get them all strapped in, in their car seats, and close the door.  When I go to get in, YUP you guessed it, left the keys next to one of the car seats... IN the van, and my door is LOCKED.  I started to panic.  Thank GOD I had my cell phone.  As it began to rain (at least it wasn't snow) all I could think of was all those kiddos parents accidentally leave in their vehicles and they die of heat exhaustion. 




I started to try and talk them through unstrapping themselves and quickly realized maybe that's something I'd rather they did NOT know... and thought better of it.  Instead I called my husband, and he came right over.  I was never so grateful that he only worked 3 minutes away and that he was not deployed or stuck out in the water.  HUGE disaster averted.  Lesson learned?  KEEP KEYS IN POCKET!!!!








X0X0 Always 0X0X, . . . . . .

.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...