Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sometimes it's not ALL good news!!!

Yesterday was my blogiversary, I can not believe it's been 3 years!!!! I had ALL the greatest intentions of writing an awesome post, but I've really been slacking.  I am eternally grateful for the outlet this blog has provided through the years.  Between a deployed husband most of the time and being a first time parent to twin gremlins, this has been an amazing tool.  I have met some amazing bloggy friends and followers.  Unfortunately I have not been keeping up, and I'm sorry.  We've had a few set back here in the looney bin, from our military move, problems with our tenants, then the computer poops out on me... and recently, my dad has taken a turn for the worse.

My father is a 15 yr liver transplant survivor, which in itself is AMAZING, and we are eternally grateful for those extra years.  If I look back and think, I NEVER expected him to walk me down the aisle, and he did, NEVER thought he'd see grandchildren, and he has 9, including my two whom we thought we'd NEVER be able to have children.  So, in retrospect we HAVE been blessed. Needless to say, a few weeks ago he was taken to the hospital for what he believed may have been kidney stones, only to find out it MAY be Lymphoma.  Our family is currently trying to process A LOT!  But, we pray and have hopes that everything works itself out, he is in the hands of the medical professionals and the Lord. 

I may not have always had the best relationship with my father, but he IS my daddy and this is killing me.  I try to be strong. Strong for my daughters (who I am coming to terms with the fact that they MAY NOT remember the man I called dad).  Strong for my brother and sister, who are trying to process this the best way they can. Strong for my MOM, who I'm sure is living her own personal hell right now watching her companion going through all this and knowing life will NEVER be the same again, and Ultimately strong for my DAD. 


Thank you all, for understanding WHY I haven't been blogging these past few days. 




X0X0 Always 0X0X



,

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your daddy :( having a very ill parent is soo hard, especially when you have young kids. I lost my mother to lung cancer when my eldest was 3 months, it is hard to come to terms with knowing they will never know who she was. My mother lost her mom at 14 so i feel as though she felt the same way about me not knowing her mother.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...