Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not Your Typical Boy Meets Girl..

A long time ago, in a land far far away... (Italy) A girl arrives on a small desolate Island, knowing no one.  Upon first looking at her, this boy was enamored, total love at first sight.  To make a long story short, Boy loved girl, girl HATED boy. 

By an amazing twist of fate both of them ran around the EXACT same circles and shared the same friends which can only bring their paths to Cross over and over again.
Eventually they became friends. 

One night on a jungle gym outside a bar in Israel, this girl decided to take a chance and confess to this boy that she has started having feelings for him.  Unfortunately, this confession was cut short by the military police and a HUGE brawl at the bar between the Israeli soldiers and some American sailors.

This was their last night here and would be back out to sea the next morning.

The flirting continued and the tension was compounding.  Being on a military vessel left no room for exploring feelings physically.. (Get your head out of the gutter, I meant holding hands and other body language, but with your clothes ON folks.. )

The night before arriving Greece, they decided to spend some time in one of the few coed areas on the ship and watch a movie. 


17 yrs ago today... This girl sat on a boat called the USS Simon Lake with a boy.   I can NOT tell you what movie was playing, but I can certainly tell you that @ 2357 He asked her to be his girl, and as she paused he said.. "wait 3 minutes so it will officially be March 28th".. 
I could NEVER have imagined HOW much my life would change from that moment on.. 
 
I'm so happy I said YES!!!

X0X0 Always 0X0X, . . . . . . .


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Hop a Little Tuesday!

    http://www.journeythroughmommyhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... cute story!! May you two be blessed with several more years of happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a new follower...hope you can follow me back here...thanks! http://www.explorerminded.com/2011/03/follow-me-back-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that story. amazing how love finds us no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story. I'm glad he was patient! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I already follow you, too, but I'm sharing some twin mommy comment love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm a new follower. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

    Morela

    http://myview-finder.blogspot.com
    http://addsomechaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post and a beautiful story! Congrats! =)
    Btw, I LOVE your blog layout! Very cute!!!! I am a new follower, would love a follow back @ ModernMomRedefined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughters are precious! I am your new follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a former sailor's wife! Looking forward to reading more through your blog.

    Hope you'll stop by and visit my ultimate blog party post at Dayngrous Discourse in Miami and follow along if you like what you read. Have a great weekend and keep partying! :::: tossing confetti ::::

    @Dayngr

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...