Friday, March 25, 2011

All American Smoke out???

 NOPE!!! Just little ole me trying to quit AGAIN!!!!

I started smoking about 23 years ago... (Sad, I KNOW) and through out my life time I have tried to quit several times.  Some times better than others, and quite frankly the last time was the longest I had EVER lasted.  4 YEARS!!!!

I decided to quit because we were getting serious about trying to conceive again, and just decided one morning that it would be my LAST cigarette, and it was for quite a while.  Then, last summer with the move up north, we stayed with my sister for 4 days, and I figured ONE would not hurt... OH HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! Haven't been able to kick it since.  Every time I try I turn into a HUGE BEAST (for lack of a better word.. or better yet this being a PG kinda blog.. Bwahahahaha)

Last week, I decided to REALLY stick to my guns, The last thing I want is my daughters remembering a cancer stick in my mouth, and I smoked my LAST one.  It has been REALLY hard, especially with all that has been going on in our lives.  I have always suffered from depression, and it's been kicking my behind.. (AGAIN I can find a MUCH better word... )  BUT, it's been 14 days,. and I have NOT caved in...


Wish me luck folks, and pray for my family, that one day I just do NOT snap!!!!!



X0X0 Always 0X0X, . . . . . .


.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

13 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! I smoked for 27 years and thought I would never quit. I have been smoke free for 13 months now. I have faith in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN do this. My last one was April 1, 2009, the day I found out that we were pregnant with our only girl, our last child. I made a vow NEVER to pick one up again. It's almost been 2 years and it's awesome. I suffered from depression for 14 years, and smoked for 17. YOU CAN DO THIS. If you want to talk more about your battle, please let me know. I'd love to give you some more things you can do to help and everything! schmidtmommy0824@gmail.com

    Good luck girl, you've got this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it before, you can do it again.

    I once quit for two years and like you, thought "just one cigarette" would be ok . . . I'm smoking again, more than ever. Been thinking about quitting again . . . maybe you can be my inspiration :)

    Good luck . . . Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick to your guns Lisa. It is not easy. Try a support group if you need it.I have been smoking since I was fourteen. Check the math and it is scary. That means fifty years of putting poison in my lungs. The longest I ever quit for was eight months. I am going to try again. Don't let it pull you into your senior years because it will only get harder to quit. Now is the time for you.
    Good Luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you luck; I don't smoke so can't comment on how hard it must be, but I imagine it's something like giving up blogging, addictive.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Lisa! This is a hard but wonderful thing you are doing! :)

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I quit 4 years ago - I was turning 35 and new it was now or never! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I did it cold turkey when we started trying to conceive and I still don't know how I did it! I think I was evil for awhile too, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you SUPER DUPER *hang in there* mojo!!! I am an ex-smoker (20+ years as well) too -- 2+ years and counting!
    Love your blog!
    Hiya! Newest follower from Say Hi Sunday Hop-- please stop by and say hello! Would love if ya followed back!
    ♥cyn♥
    http://cyn-thenutshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know how you feel. I've quit so many times now that my friends claim instead of being addicted to nicotine, I'm "addicted to quitting."

    Although I haven't completely quit, I've managed to cut down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new follower from the Sunday Hop- and here to support you! You can do it!
    Would love it you stopped by to say hello!
    http://expatmamaintoronto.wordpress.com

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...