Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentines Day

What exactly IS Valentines Day.  Is it just about flowers?  Is it all about the chocolates?  I must admit that the meaning of Valentines Day has definitely changed over my lifetime.  I remember as a child, it was a great excuse to fill out cards, get candy and of course getting cards in return.  As a teenager, it took on a more dramatic, yet superficial meaning, the GIFTS, the flowers, and the candy.. lol.. But, as I got older, the meaning seemed to shift.  It was a little bit more and more about love.  About our feelings for each other.  The gifts no longer mattered.





As the years passed by I become more and more aware what love really is. Or at least how different love is, or how it evolves.  From the love of friends and family, to the love of a significant other, and then the unconditional love of your children.  I have realized that although we celebrate our love for each other every single day, this day is still special.. AND, has inevitable come full circle.. For this year, it will be about the cards, the candy, and the wonderful faces of joy on my daughters.

So, I guess Valentines Day is really all about the Cards!!!!!.  


So, this year we are celebrating a Shutterfly Valentines...  I highly recommend heading over and taking a look... (be warned, you can NOT dig around in there and NOT buy anything... Great prices, and awesome deals year round) and if you do Upromise it's a DOUBLE score...






I think we will be ordering a few Valentines picture cards,


a few Keepsake boxes for our nieces


and some Photo gifts for the Grandparents. 



X0X0 Always 0X0X, . . . . . . .




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

8 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower! Hope you will stop by and follow me too! There is also a giveaway going on, ends tomorrow night! Hope to see you stop by! thanks!

    ali

    www.ncbabyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. The design is so beautiful too! Found you on Follow Me Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award!!! You can go to my blog for the details!
    Lenette

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from a hop! You have a beautiful family!

    Sarah
    http://carstrucksandteethingrings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm your new follower from the Saturday Stalk Blog Hop. Nice blog! I'm glad I stopped by. Visit me at http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There! I am your newest follower - I found you through the Say Hi Sunday hop!

    I am a growing blog and appreciate any and all followers! http://www.klscupboard.blogspot.com

    Happy Hopping,
    KerrieLynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are so adorable! I am a new follower I found you on a blog hop!

    http://thirtyonetrendytotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower of yours. Found you thru Swingin' by Sunday. Hope you'll check out and follow my blog too.

    http://flippertail.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...