Friday, January 14, 2011

Don't swich Horoscopes YET!!!

 http://www.dogastrology.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/image_home_zodiac_signs.gif


I've been seeing a lot of uproar about the NEW zodiac sign, and what that all means for the already existing signs.  I admit, when I FIRST read about it, I was confused, angry, shocked, etc.  I don't generally read my horoscope often, but there was a time I was enamored by astrology and  mesmerized by the signs, so it threw me for a loop.

After a little more reading I have come across some different information, and I'm a bit more at ease with this "change".  Turns out there are TWO Sun signs under TWO zodiacs, Sidereal zodiac and Tropical Zodiac.  So, before you start doing your homework on how to have those Sun Sign Tattoos removed you MAY be want to read on FIRST..

Seems all the Hubbub refers to the Sidereal zodiac, which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East... So, it makes sense if the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment, that it would affect this zodiac, since it's based on the CONSTELLATIONS.  The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born.  Also, Scorpio's window lasts only seven days, and that a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus, used to be counted between Scorpio and Sagittarius but was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year ( and they say I'M OCD).






The tropical zodiac is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to, and the change in the earths axis is irrelevant for the tropical zodiac because this doesn't affect the SEASONS.  When we look at the tropical zodiac, the seasonally based astrology has not changed, was never oriented to the constellations, and stands as is.  Now, you can ask yourself whether you should adhere to the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac. 

That's entirely up to YOU...
ME, personally?  I have always related to the Tropical zodiac and so it SHALL remain the same.. Bwahahahahaha

Now, if you are curious to know WHAT your sign is???


Sidereal Zodiac Dates:


  • Capricorn: January. 20 – February. 16 
  • Aquarius:   February. 16 – March 11 
  • Pisces:       March 11– April 18 
  • Aries:          April 18 – May 13 
  • Taurus:       May 13 – June 21 
  • Gemini:      June 21 – July 20 
  • Cancer:      July 20 – August. 10 
  • Leo:            August. 10 – September. 16 
  • Virgo:         September. 16 – October. 30 
  • Libra:         October. 30 – November. 23 
  • Scorpio:     November. 23 – November. 29 
  • Ophiuchus: November. 29 December. 17 
  • Sagittarius: December. 17 January. 20




Tropical Zodiac Dates:

  • Aries          March 19th - April 18th 
  • Taurus       April 19th - May 19th 
  • Gemini       May 20th - June 19th
  • Cancer       June 20th - July 21st 
  • Leo             July 22nd - August 21st 
  • Virgo           August 22nd - September 21st 
  • Libra           September 22nd - October 21st 
  • Scorpio      October 22nd - November 20th 
  • Sagittarius November 21st - December 20th 
  • Capricorn   December 21st - January 18th 
  • Aquarius    January 21st - February 18th 
  • Pisces        February 18th - March 18th



Sincerely,


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

7 comments:

  1. I'm too much of a true Scorpio to ever change, but my husband....well he can have Ophiuchus! :-)

    New follower from Surfin Saturdays!

    Tina @ Tech Tools 4 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Ophiuchus is also called Serpentarius.....which sounds pretty damn cool ...lol.....but IMO im not changing my sign either ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im happy with my Leo personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a Scorpio, Always a Scorpio... You just can't go changing what already has been, what is and what shall remain..

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the "old" calendar, I fell under Ophiuchus...now I'm a Libra...I've always been a Scorpio/Sagittarius cusp, with Scorpio being my "Sun" sign...I'm so not a Libra~!! They can change my planet (Pluto is now a planetoid)...and change my gemstone (once Topaz, not icky Citrine)...but they're NOT changing my sign~!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have read about this :) I'd like to stick with being an Aquarian.

    Thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...