Wednesday, December 22, 2010

There's a Tattle Tale in OUR house.

This has been a great year for us, my husband has been home for the majority of the year.  We have had a few rough years with crazy back to back deployments, etc.  I got pregnant right at the beginning of his sea duty tour, and although deployments were and are difficult, they are much more challenging when you bring kiddos into the mix.  So, like so many military families out there, it is not unheard of to have a family member deployed during the holidays, and we are no different.  This will be the first year since the gremlins have been born that we have the whole family together during Christmas and celebrating it at home.

Like so many families, we face the challenges of deciding what traditions you bring into the new nucleus, which to adjust, can, or create all together.  We decided to go traditional on this one because it is our first together, but plan to adjust it for next year (but that's whole other post that I may or may not get to.. lol) and we even added one..



The Elf on the Shelf, the concept is your elf watches all day and in the evening reports back to Santa with everything the child(ren) did throughout the day, good and bad.  He returns every morning before the child(ren) awake and of course takes a NEW spot.  It's our responsibility to move him every evening and the kids get a real kick finding him every morning...
Oh yeah... The kiddos also get to NAME their elf... Our elf is named "Snitch".  At first I found him utterly creepy...
But.. with time, "Snitch" has grown on me. I've found myself getting a little excited when I come downstairs every morning, to see if I can spot where my husband has placed him BEFORE the girls do.



Sometimes Hubby gets VERY creative.. lol


I think this is ONE tradition that will survive onto next year..

and on a side note... Is it just me? or Does "Snitch" kind of look like Curt from Glee????




Sincerely,

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

8 comments:

  1. LOL, he does look like Chris Colfer!! Though, Chris is way cuter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we do the Elf on the Shelf too however we move him around like 20 times a day. We've even got our nanny in on it too. But my girls are deathly afraid of him so it's been nice having the elf around him. :P Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one, he does look like Kurt from Glee!!

    I bought one but did not use it. My Aunt in PA had 2 of them when I was a kid. They look just like the elf on a shelf so I bought it as a memory. Maybe I should use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine has Elf on the Shelf too! Her kids get very excited about it too!!!

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    www.pilotwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your newest follower! Would LOVE a follow back!
    http://thefrugalfreegal.com

    I "Liked" on FB, too!

    The Frugal Free Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, fun story and activities huh. new follower, come check out Mari's Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I am your newest follower and would love a follow back! And check out my giveaways and enter a few! Also check out my hop!
    http://retailtherapylounge.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/retaillounge
    http://www.facebook.com/retailtherapylounge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    I have a bloggy present for you at Pacifiers, Pumps & The World. Merry Christmas!

    http://pacifierspumpstheworld.com/2010/12/24/blog-hop-presents/

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...