Friday, December 31, 2010

A Prosperous NEW Year!

How are YOU bringing in the New Year..?? Do you have any customs or superstitions?


Here are some popular ones I've heard of through the years...

  •  12 round shape fruits. ~ Displayed on the dining table it's believed they attract good luck for the coming year (ex. apples, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, star fruit, papaya, mangoes, oranges, pears, etc.)
  • Rice ~Ensuring that the rice tank is full before the New Year symbolizes assurance that the whole family would have plenty of food through out the year. 
  • Opening the front door and windows~ This symbolizes out with the old and in with the New. 
  • Money~ Attaching coins and paper bill on the front door, to attract prosperity in the new year. Also it's believed if you have money in your pockets it will attract money in the coming year.. The bigger the nomination the better.
  • Wearing red or green~ to attract wealth for the New Year.
  • Grapes~ Consuming 12 grapes before it turns Midnight on New Years Eve is believed to promote good health.


For MORE on different customs around the world you can read up a little @ Goals Guy or Here...

What customs do YOU have?


Sincerely,

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

10 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and would love for you to follow me back!
    www.lessonsfromivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always made cabbage and corn beef for luck... ick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower, check out my blogs when you have a moment.
    http://lovinglifeasacouponer.blogspot.com
    http://celebratinghomewithcarolyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am a new follower via fun follow friday

    Deanna
    http://mommaistameetsshopaholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you via Hop Along Friday and am your newest follower Rae T.

    I'd love if you could follow me back at my blog: There's a Contest for That

    Have a wonderful New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard somewhere that wearing yellow undies is lucky...or something like that :)

    Also, we celebrate with lots of noise and loudness, it's a chinese tradition. The noise is meant to scare away the evil spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here from the Friday blog hop! Hope to see you around my blog sometime. And Happy New Year!

    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite interesting post. I never heard of any of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im a new GFC follower from FFF. Would love the follow back at
    http://www.beecute1.blogspot.com

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa I guess we are just getting too old. We spend a quiet evening at home. Stay away from the crazy drunk drivers.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...