Friday, December 3, 2010

Like the late James Brown...

I FEEL GOOD!!!!



I had been looking to get the gremlins into swim lessons since they turned one, two years ago, and hadn't had any luck.  Most places required one on one parent and child attendance, and that was usually impossible, since my husband was usually deployed.. lol.. and I'm out numbered.  (OHHHHH To be able to clone myself.... Michael Keene had it right in Multiplicity...)  So, I just let it go for a while, and then the idea would pop back in to my head and I'd start all over again, only to get disappointed... bwahahahaha

Well, things have changed.. If you've been following, you know we moved a few months ago and sooooo, it was a GREAT opportunity to look AGAIN.. and through recommendations from great friends and fellow moms, I decided to look into our local YMCA, and it is AWESOME.. They offer swim classes as well, and very affordable... and since the gremlins are 3, they can do their lessons, sans mommy.. They even offer a Kids corner, where you can drop off you children for up to 2 hours while you take advantage of classes, or just work-out, as long as you remain on the premises. 

I signed up today, and I'm soooooo excited.  I haven't exercised outside the house for over 7 years, and I was a little excited (Except the VERY outdated sneakers I had to wear.. hahahahaha Since I'm a converse or flip flop kinda girl, the closest thing I had to sneakers were some sketchers that quite honestly I don't think were made for more than walking in.. bwahahahahaha but it's cool, I have NO shame...).  At first I had planned on actually trying out a class today or maybe getting in a GOOD workout, but then it dawned on me... What if the gremlins don't do WELL in their kids corner? What if they have a fit, and won' stay? I'd hate to get into my work-out, into the music, a great groove going and have to STOP in the middle, so I figured today was a good day for a trail period.

I decided to not make today about ME and make it about THEM.  Sign up, and let's see how THEY do.  I think I should mention, my gremlins have NEVER spent even a MINUTE with a stranger, I have a hard time leaving them with FAMILY, they only person I've left them with is my mother, and those were out of necessity, doctors appointments, etc. and usually not more than an hour.  (I admit it, I'm a control freak, I have stated this before, and I'm seeking help... bwahahahahaha) and the ONLY time they have EVER slept out of the house without me was when I had to have my gallbladder removed 2 years ago, and it was THE hardest thing I have EVER had to do, and they stayed with my mom only because hubby was deployed.

Now, back to the YMCA..When they saw in there, they were ecstatic, and comfortable staying.  I had planned for hanging out in the lobby or something for 30 minutes, as a trial, maybe read a little, and catch up on some magazines.. (I think if I were to stack all the magazines I have that I want to read, the stack would reach my nose and I'm 5'9  lol) So, I dropped them off, (I MAY have shed a tear) and headed towards the lobby... And thought about it.. I have sneakers on, sweat pants, I touch... WTH... and went for a quick work out.. 30 minutes... Checked on the gremlins... Everything looked AWESOME... hmmmmm WTH... headed back down for another 20, and it felt sooooo good, I pushed it to 30 min more... (I know I can be sooo evil...)  But it was GREAT, I had forgotten how good it can feel to work out on EQUIPMENT, and outside the house  To be engrossed in the moment, to ENJOY music full blast... No mommy mommy mommmy moommmy did I mention mommy... hahahahaha for an hour?  Looks like this is gonna be great for ALL of us.

When I went up to pick them up, feeling a little guilty because honestly I don't DESERVE to have peace lol..  They didn't want to leave... DIDN'T want to leave???  Boy was I WRONG... They had a blast.. Made new little friends, and behaved.  WOW... and as a BONUS?? went down for their nap easier and faster than usual  WIN WIN...  Honestly? I can't wait to go back..



Sincerely,




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

6 comments:

  1. Cute blog...I have twins too. Can't wait to read more.
    http://loveluciblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/holiday-giveaway-naturally-meg-family.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now following you from feed me friday blog hop.I hope you come by and follow back http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to my hop. be sure to follow all the host.. hope to get to know you better. im fanning you on facebook find me to..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our 5yo takes his swim lessons at the YMCA - it is a great place for all the reasons you mention and more. I'm a new GFC and Networked Blogs follower from FFF.

    http://cakeblast.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do deserve some "you" time, and they will love meeting new friends, too! Gotta take care of mama so she can take care of everyone else! ; )
    I'm a new follower from the Making Friends Monday blog hop. Hope you will stop by & follow me back!!

    Aimee @ justkiddingaroundatlanta

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...