Saturday, October 2, 2010

Plantains









I FINALLY found some plantains in this god forsaken town. **Sigh of relief**  Or should I rephrase. I found some GOOD plantains, and they did not cost me a dollar a piece.  Coming from a town, where there was a prominent Latin, Asian, Caribbean influence, I could find them for 4-10 for a dollar depending on how far I was willing to drive.  Here, I've only found them for a dollar a piece, and they were neither Green nor Yellow... Not GOOD!!!




Personally, I like them green, although the yellow ones are sweeter.  Being that I am Dominican, I grew up on Plantains, I could honestly eat them 3 times a day EVERY day for the rest of my LIFE.. I guess Plantains are to us, what Potatoes are to Americans...







Have you ever tried Plantains?  

In case you haven't and are Curious, here are a few of my favorite recipes.... Hope you enjoy....

  • Mangu (Dominican style mashed Plantains)






    I'm sure there are a dozen more ways to make, eat and enjoy this delicious beauty... would love to hear how YOU like to eat it...




    Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

    4 comments:

    1. I LOVE plantains! Thanks for the recipes! I usually just make them into chips. I could eat them all the time too. Maybe I *should* have been Dominican! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Just following you back from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Sorry it's late! Your blog is very cute! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

      Thanks, Nicole Mariana

      ReplyDelete
    3. Following from the blog hop. I would love for you to stop by and check us out at www.fullhousemommy.com.
      Thanks and have a great weekend

      ReplyDelete
    4. Its been awhile since Ive stopped by to say hello!! =0)

      {{hugs}}

      ReplyDelete

    WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...