Friday, October 1, 2010

A Faire-Ly Good Time

This past weekend we ventured out to our very first Renaissance Fair, and can honestly say we had a blast.


We took in a few shows..


 The girls got to see Fairies..




Princesses..





Pans...

Giants..




Got our faces painted...

Pigged out and drank...






And eventually the wilder side...





So proud of my gremlins, they actually chose horns over wings on this trip.

We had such a  great time, we hadn't even left the Fair, when we were already talking about going back.  I was afraid we were going to spend an arm and a leg in there, but everything from the food, the drinks, and even the artisan's wares were very reasonable.  Many were absolutely breath taking.  I'm sure I looked like a tourist in NYC the whole time, looking around with my jaw scraping the ground... We are definitely going to go back, and, next time, I think we may just dress up.  For the girls.. You know.. bwahahahahahaha  (Did my geek show??? lol) Although Hubby wants to go as a Jedi... Wonder how many folks would actually get his humor.. I personally think it'd be HILARIOUS, but then again I'm a little weird and partial to the bugger..

This actually reminds me of something out of "Where the Wild Things Are"..

Have any of you been to a RenFair?? Did you dress up?? Did you like it??


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

12 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I've never been to a RenFair, but if I did, I would definitely dress up. And your daughters are adorable.

    Stopping by from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lisa! What great pictures, it looks so fun! Your girls are the cutest cuties around. I went to a medieval fair in Spain this summer, it was excellent. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower, found you blog-hopping and would love a follow back when you get a sec :) Also I think our husbands would totally get along because mine would think that was hysterical (and so do I a little)

    ~Mel

    http://funnylittlepeanut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm your newest follower from Friday Blog Hops. Looking forward to reading more. Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Hope you'll stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing! I went to a RenFair before and I loved it and had so much fun with the kids. Your daughters are so beautiful too. I'm your newest follower also. Have a great day and weekend too!!! :o)

    http://motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never been either, looks interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pics. I am surprised your girls weren't afraid. The costumes look amazing. Your girls are sooo cute! I have never been to this type of fair and I would never go because I am scared of everything. it was fun to observe through your pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now those little girls are just plain ADORABLE! I bet you get told that all the time!! great pics.

    im following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for popping by! The Renaissance Fair is always . . . interesting. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    It looks like it was a blast. My daughter is going to her first one on Sunday.

    What cute kids. My twins turned 1 in August. Even at this age its fun to take them to different events.

    Im your newest follower. Have a great weekend.

    http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The RenFaire is so much fun. We have one around here every year. You took wonderful pictures. It is easy to see you had fun. We are going next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been but it's coming our way soon and I hope to FINALLY go! I have wanted to for a LONG time. These pics make me want to go even more! lol

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...