Sunday, August 8, 2010

Intruder Alert

I can see the light creeping in through the window.  Is it really morning ALREADY?  I feel absolutely exhausted.  My body hurts, my mind hurts, and I am NOT ready to wake up just yet.  Please just a little bit longer.  The cool air is perfect for warm cuddling sleep, and this blanket is just perfect.  I had spent the evening tossing and turning, and not being able to sleep.  Why is it, that sleep is always most welcome when the sun comes up?? How ironic... I was feeling a little groggy, and I felt the blanket slowly lifting. I know it can't be late morning.. Not too long ago, the darkness caressed me... What is this intrusion?

I made the mistake of choosing the air mattress last night.  I remember the moment of my demise clearly.  I said.."Honey, why don't you sleep in the bed with the girls, that way I can try and get a little sleep."  The IRONY...  I sleep horribly when we sleep away from home..

I can feel the cool air creeping in, separating me from my warm cuddly blanket.  Pulling me further and further away from my much needed sleep.  What is this?  I feel something poking and prodding me.  I'm still a little groggy, confused, not ready to separate myself from slumber, not ready to succumb to the curiosity.  It becomes persistent.. It seems familiar.  I can feel a warm breath on my face..

Are those soft kisses?  Are those fingers? I give in, I can't take it anymore, I think I KNOW what is going on... The confirmation has brought a smile to my face, a warmth in my heart, and pure JOY to my morning.  I was right.  It WAS fingers.. 20 in total, and I would trade sleep for those kisses ANY day.. It was two little eager invaders in search for their mama... And I take a little peek at the clock.... 0530....

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

3 comments:

  1. You are a great writer. I loved reading this post...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both... It's great when you get a little time to actually think about what you are going to write.. hehehehe My mother in law was keeping the gremlins happy this morning, while mommy got a little computer time..

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...