Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I think I've done this before

As you know if you read Sick Babies= Sad Momma, one of my gremlins got sick Sunday evening *BLACH*

Well, Monday morning, she seemed to have been doing better.  Unfortunately, right before nap time, Gremlin #2 began getting sick as well.  OH, my poor baby.  I really hate it when they are under the weather.  Especially in a situation like this, where you feel completely helpless.

I tried to push fluids all day long, and even made them soup for lunch, but I had absolutely NO luck getting them to keep ANYTHING down.  I was at my wits end.  I was home alone cause hubby had to work late, and really did NOT want to take them out of the house.  The thought of taking them to the ER about sent ME into cardiac arrest.  All those germs, sick people, the endless WAIT, and for WHAT?  So they could tell me it's a virus and stick my poor pumpkins with a needle and an IV.  I really hate that place, besides, I have NO idea were there is one here yet.

As I toyed with the gazillion thoughts running through my head and the slight feeling of desperation, I decided to wing it.  I squeezed a lime in each of their sippy cups, with a little bit of water around 1500.  Although they were not particularly FOND of this concoction, they drank it.  Pretty soon my munchkins were asking me for saltine crackers.. YES!

I got to work on a homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner, Luna ate it, but star wanted RICE.  I battled with the knowledge of knowing just how HORRIBLE rice is coming back up, but decided to give it to her anyways.  I was honestly just happy she was eating SOMETHING.

HA!  It all stayed DOWN... and despite the opportunity to teach them that Newton's law doesn't always apply (sometimes what goes DOWN also comes UP).. I was glad it seemed to be over.. Once the gremlins went to sleep, I prayed they'd sleep fever free THROUGH the night, and frantically began to Lysol EVERYTHING in the house.

This morning? It seems we were VICTORIOUS, my munchkins are back good as gold!!!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

3 comments:

  1. You don't have to Lysol the house; just go over everything with those Clorox wipes. They're even husband friendly! Oh, and wash the bedding! Germs and viruses love to camp out in the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe LOVE those toooooo. I agree w/you on the bedding.. washed them all yesterday, and wouldn't you know?? they are sick again today.. AAARRRRGGHHH!!! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Came across your blog from one of the blog hops, and looking forward to reading more of your stuff. I am now following on GFC, Twitter and FB NB (gave you 5 stars!)... feel free to follow back if you like!!!!
    All the best,
    Kim

    http://amoroccan-acat-and-my-bigass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...