Monday, May 10, 2010

Ofensive REALLY???



Even more amazing than the cards and festivities this weekend was  the news.  I honestly don't watch this stuff on TV, and let's NOT get started on the bashing.. hahahaha I know I know, and  have weighed the pros AND cons, believe me, but I would rather be semi-ignorant on whats going on in the world than worried and depressed every evening before going to bed..

The only time I DO watch it is when I visit the in-laws, that's ALL that's on TV.. lol..  This weekend wasn't any different, and quite frankly, I was flabbergasted... How FAR will we go????



I didn't even KNOW there was offense in our nations flag... Although a teacher in a middle school art class in California’s Santa Rita School District  sees it differently...  When  a student was told not to draw Old Glory because it was “offensive,” but another student — in the same class – was praised for drawing a picture of President Obama. 

You can read the full article here.



Also, the five teens who were sent home for wearing shirts that had the AMERICAN flag on them... Since when is it NOT OK to wear the AMERICAN flag, in America?  Apparently since it was on May 5th, the day of a Regional Mexican Holiday known as Cinco De Mayo, they deemed it offensive to the high Mexican population.  I can understand respecting other's points of view, opinion, etc. But, quite frankly.. Almost EVERY day is some sort of holiday SOMEWHERE... Where will we draw the line?
You can read the full story here.

Did I hibernate too long and miss something?

Our Flag? Really?  There's even a CODE for the flag.. hahahah

I am honestly a little disheartened right now, and a bit disappointed in what is happening with our country.  The diversity is quickly fading, and we are laying down and conforming. 
It is just SAD... No GOD, now no patriotism either??? So, tell me, WHAT are our children supposed to believe in besides, a clown, a big headed king, a Colonel and a red head in pig tails??? Oh YEAH... The BELL... cause obviously it's also offensive to wear our flag on a Mexican holiday.. hahahaha
What kind of country are we living in where we can't wear or draw the American Flag?  Do we know how many Americans sacrificed their life to protect that flag and what she represents?  Every morning my husband stands there and salutes our national ensign, I'm thankful to see it everyday. 


This is America!!!!





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. That's just ridiculous! If they find the American Flag offensive - then maybe they shouldn't be living in America!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...