Friday, March 19, 2010

Bitter Sweet





If you were wondering why I have been neglecting you all lately???? Wonder no more... My hubby returned from Haiti on Sunday.  It was marvelous..  The girls had already begun to ask for him, religiously, which stood as my daily reminder.. Just kidding..






Homecomings are always so special.  The excitement began extra early, since I couldn't sleep all night due to a mix of anxiety and anticipation(OK it was really DST and the loss on an hour.. hahaha).










He was scheduled to arrive at 1100, so we had to be out of the house around 0930.  We set our alarm for 0600, to give me enough time to get the gremlins ready, and maybe do a little extra on me (time permitting).  Once we arrived, the girls started chanting Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  Ok, now we wait.









Once the vehicles started coming through the gate, the butterflies in my stomach became mothras, I think my knees began shaking too.  Can you believe it, after being together almost 17yrs, he STILL has that effect on me?  OH MY!  IS THAT HIM?  I was ecstatic, I love the feeling of seeing him again after a deployment.  You can almost literally feel the weight lift, the burdens disappear, and your heart fill up again.  I was curious to see how the gremlins would react...



Star ran right to him, calling out to Daddy, and gave him a kiss and a hug. 




Luna as a little more skeptical, but after a few seconds to make SURE, she was also excited to finally see Daddy. It was awesome to see them reunited, I almost forgot MY hug and kiss.
I must admit, I am LOST without him (Make NO mistake, I am an excellent navigator, and that's not say I cannot find my way without him.. hahaha).

In all these years together, we have deployed together when I was active, then apart for periods as long as 9 months, but these 2 months have been the hardest yet.  I don't know if it was the fact that we had NO time to mentally prepare, it was just a 24hr notice, or the fact that now the gremlins actually KNOW he's gone, or the NO return date.  Probably the NO return date.  This gives you nothing to countdown to, nothing to look forward to, and no definition or time line.  Funny how the mind works..

AND NOW? He's off again... Yup, home less than a week, and off AGAIN.  To Haiti AGAIN. No return date AGAIN. So, it's just me and the Gremlins AGAIN..




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm your 200th follower!! Following from Friday Follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from Friday Follow. I am sure the deployments are difficult I hear the stories my Mom tells of when Dad was gone when in the Army. It takes a strong woman to be a military wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How difficult that must be. My heart goes out to you and your kids- and I thank you guys as well as your husband. Surely what you all do is as big a sacrifice for our country as his. Thank you:)


    I found you through Friday Follow, and I'm your newest shiny follower!

    I hope you will over to my blog and follow too!

    Shan
    http://milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked in a restaurant for years, and loved the term 'on the fly'! haven;t ever used it while mothering, now I will have to start!
    found you via follow friday, I am way excited to read your blog! follow back at http://adailydoseofdieting.blogspot.com/
    can't wait to get to know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Friday Follow! Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now your follower from Friday Follow.Woo Hoo!!

    Happy Saturday!

    Mine is hereKEEP THE FUNNIES IN YOUR WEEKEND!

    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming back to you from friday follow. Thanks for following..following you back. Love your blog..my husband retires from the military in August...glad to come across another military family....God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow great post
    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...