Thursday, February 4, 2010

13 days of Love: Day 4: I ♥ cooking

We've come to Day 4, of Paxbaby's 13 day countdown to St. Valentines Day, were each day we post about something we love... and I LOVE cooking...
http://calrotaract.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cooking.jpg
I could chop, dice, and slice for ddaaaayyyssss... I enjoy making others happy with food. If I had to say what my specialty was?? Probably my home fries, honestly my family ASKS for them... I think growing up in America (the melting pot) I have had the opportunity to try a lot of different cuisines, and growing up with an old school Dominican mama, I have been lucky to experience the Delicious flavors from our country. Not too mention, she taught me young, and I've been cooking for 29 yrs now.. (don't kill yourself with the math.. I started at 8... ) I also lived several years in Italy (thanks to our wonderful Navy) which expanded my pallet even further... and now??? I love to mix it allllll up.. hehehe

Although I MUST admit, I am not a good recipe follower, I'm more of a taster.. I don't think I have EVER measured my ingredients.. but can make something after trying it once... I enjoy learning new recipes, and the comfort of food. I can't wait to teach, and share this very important skill with my daughters, and I'm very interested in knowing where THEY will go with it..
I have posted a few recipes that I have done, and I hope you enjoy..

Thanks Carrie @ Taking Care of Twins for the heads up... (You can head over to her blog to see what Carrie ♥s during the countdown..) If you want to participate??? you can just click on the Paxbaby link below, and don't forget to leave a comment, so we can all share the love...


PAXbaby Love

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...