Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What have moms come to...

Found this video n YouTube, from mom logic...

It is obviously a joke, a satire, but it has to make you think. It's a obvious exaggeration of what this world is coming to. We as a human beings are becoming more and more obsessed with our appearances and maintaining our youth.. Unfortunately we are passing this obsession on to the children... It is VERY obvious that things are dangerously progressing at an alarming rate these days where our youths are concerned... Sex, drugs, diseases, beauty, these were things that were NOT on the mind of a child in my youth... NOW? it's everywhere... My 10 year old niece knows about VD... WTH... at 10, I was making clothes for my barbies, NOT worried about VD....








Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, clearly a parody.

    I'm all for teaching kids the stuff they need to know. Perhaps as early as possible, to avoid that slap-oneself-on-the-head moment.

    Informed kids are healthy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about being upset over your niece knowing what VD is. The first person I knew growing up who had sex was 11 and she was pregnant at 13. It's education that should come based on social climate, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo with you on this! I too was still playing barbies at about 10...making clothes, furniture out of cardboard and cataloge picuture...I am dreading the fact that I have 5 daughters...not to mention, my son who is 11...his friends tried smoking the other day!!! WTH?!!!
    I am sooo not ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what is so upsetting about a 10 year old learning about VD is the fact that they are having to grasp adult issues at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this. Totally in line with Steve and I's sense of humor. I can't believe this! The actors were quite good especially the mom.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...