Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not 2 far fetched


We've hit the Verruca Salt phase.... Where I want it, and I want it NOW!!!!!...

I am coming to terms with something a friend of mine said a few years back. She stated, (and I argued) that parenting is a two person job. I argued many, many points, and never really saw hers, till now. I'm not trying to start a heated debate, trust me been there done that. lol.. I am not saying that women need men, or that single mothers can't do it, blah blah blah, I'm just saying it would definitely be easier with help.

I remember that I was all gung ho, at the beginning of this, and swore I knew what I was getting into, when hubby was deploying, but I was really underestimating the situation. These are challenging times, and although very very rewarding, can take their toll on someone. I guess I really can't complain too much (I could, and guess I am, but shouldn't) , since I know help will be home soon, and it could be worse I could have 14 little ones and all by myself. Or be 15 years old and my 13 year old boyfriend is the father... The list can go on of crazy responsibilities that are flooding the news these days.
I guess I'm starting to see why all those futurist Sci-Fi films profess that it will be illegal to procreate without permission. I guess we aren't too far from someone thinking about it, and having a very strong arsenal of evidence to support their movements... lol.. *** and NO I'm not stating we should remove a human beings rights to procreation*** GEEESSSHHHH***




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. I do think it would be great to have a test of some sort to allow people to have kids. I'm all for that, actually.

    My mom has worked in an OB/GYN office for fifteen years and she has ssen many mothers not know the date of their last pregnancy (ummm...your kids' BIRTHDAY!!!) The lack of thought and care that some parents have for their kids makes me sick.

    Sorry, tirade over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a lot easier with two. But only if all two are on the same page. There are SO many times when I want to remove my hubby from the parenting equation--like when they decide to pop in at six and tell you that you're being too hard on the kids!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...