Thursday, January 22, 2009

Justice?

My court date was today, and I'm so glad it's over. The anxiousness of not knowing was killing me. I felt like Scorsese last night directing my court scene over and over in my head. The perfect lines, the perfect story, the perfect closing argument. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. I WISH!!! But here is how my day in court actually went.

I got up way too early this morning (0500) to allot enough time to get myself and the girls ready and out the door by 0800. I know you may think 3 hrs is overkill, but trust me 3 hours fly by when you have to bathe, clothe, and feed 2 infants and yourself. Not to mention, I had to find the courthouse, parking, and the courtroom. I honestly don't know which nightmare was worse. I had to wait outside the courtroom for them to call me in, since I had the girls with me, I was not allowed to wait inside. I felt this to be a disadvantage, I would have liked to get a feel for the judge, a feel for the procedure. And the girls? They were not happy, they fussed and fussed for 2hours, at which time Star fell asleep. A few more laps up and down the small hallway and Luna went down, just in time too, cause I was finally called in.

I have never been to court, and was kind of surprised how quickly and informal things are. I was never sworn in, just asked my plea. That's a no brainer. NOT GUILTY. The police officer rendered his version of the occurrence that evening, and then, and then, the spotlight shown on me. I cleared my throat, I was ready, I mean I had rehearsed what I was gonna tell this judge for over a month now, I've been waiting for this moment. I have been patiently awaiting my chance to give them a piece of my mind to let them feel my injustice.

And I choked.

Yup, Scorsese would have yelled cut in the first two and a half seconds. No matter though, I was found not guilty, and that is the bottom line. I turned around, smiling of course and took my two sleeping little girls home where I did a victory dance in my hall way. Heck I'm still doing the victory dance in my head. Yeah, I tend to do a lot of living in there, my own weird home away from home.

Justice has been served, and on a platter of BOOOOYAAAAA!




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I went to court once when I was 16 and the judge was very mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad that everything turned out ok. Did jerk cop care that you were found not guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoop whoop....so glad it turned out well....I would have choked too...way too many times watching Judge Judy has scarred me for life....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Congrats on the "NOT guilty"!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...