Friday, January 23, 2009

Aloha Friday # 18



In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Kalani @ An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. What's that you ask? I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!





Today’s question is:

How did you share the news when you first found out you were pregnant with your spouse or significant other? If you have more than one child, you can share them all, some, one or none... your choice.. lol..


Me?

Quite frankly, we had been trying to conceive for almost 13 years. I just had this uneasy feeling, OK, I was anxious, but it may have been some bean burritos. I'll start with Friday... I took a pregnancy test, one of those darn new digital ones, we had a two pack ant it read... Inconclusive see Q13... WHAT? I should have stuck with the easy 1 pink line or 2 pink lines.. I was pissed, but I didn't know whether to take the other one or not... So many years of negative results, I didn't know if I was quite ready to hear NO, at least not just yet. I told my husband what had happened, and he said to wait till Monday and get a blood test on the base, at least we'll know for sure... I told him i wanted to take the second one, and he said NO. That it will just jinx it. I was mad, where is his sense of curiosity... So, Saturday morning, what did I do? I took it... I waited my two minutes and it said see Q4... what is going on here... these darn things.. Now I'm getting discouraged, I tell my hubby and he insists I leave it alone till Monday. OK..

Sunday.. We go to church early Sunday morning, and on the way home stop off to do a little grocery shopping... I am a little hard headed,... I pick up another pregnancy test (one of the cavemen types, 1 line or two) and throw it in the cart... He gives me a look, I ignore it. When we get home, we decide on a little nap. Well, I don;t know about you, but when I put my mind to something, I don't let it go that easy... I couldn't sleep, so I went and took my test. crawled back into bed (quietly) to wait for my 2 minutes.. In the mean time, he has woken up, and asks what I've been up to.. (he can read me so well hehehe) I told him, and he runs to the bathroom to see... I'm waiting , waiting, waiting, so I ask him what's taking so long, does he see 1 line or two... I can hear him fumbling around (I know what he's doing..) I tell him it' not rocket science it's not a box of lucky charms with pink stars and green clovers... is it one line or two i asked him again... (he was looking up what the results meant so he can gage my response before he laid it on me)... He comes out of the bathroom with the greatest poker face EVER.. My heart sank... then he said we're gonna be mommy and daddy..







<

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

11 comments:

  1. With our first my hubby was right there helping with the pregnancy test. He knew at the exact second I did. With our second I got up that morning did a test and flew into the room and told him. He had no clue that I thought I may be (we were trying) and it shocked him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents were out of town and I was housesitting for them since they had three animals. I had felt sick for a couple of days and Aunt Flo hadn't shown up for her monthly visit yet, so I bought a pregnancy test. We weren't TRYING, but we weren't PREVENTING either. It ended up being positive. I called our house and the phone just rang, and no answering maching picked up, which meant he was on the internet (back in the dial-up days). So, I drove home to tell him. He looked at me and said "um, are you happy about it?" LOL I was like "YES YES YES!" And then he was happy. He always waited for my reactions to some things before reacting himself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great story!

    I already had a child when I married my husband, and since we had dated for 4 years, I was really anxious to have another baby RIGHT NOW. So he got a little more action than he bargained for (LOL) and when I took the test it was a big PLUS. With both of my kids I used the same type of test and it was accurate both times. PLUS or MINUS...easy! He was really surprised and happy...no unpredicted reaction, really. I was just giddy!

    I'm now following your blog...would you mind following mine?

    Please head over to my blog to see my aloha friday question!

    http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't had the joy of this experience yet. Looking forward to it, though. I don't think I could keep it a secret. It would be written all over my face!

    Deborah @ Comfort Joy Designs
    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
    comfortjoydesigns{AT}gmail{DOT}com

    ReplyDelete
  5. With our first child, my husband told me I was pregnant before I even knew it! I thought he was crazy, so he went and bought a pregnancy test, came home and made me take it. Lo and behold, I was definitely pregnant! With our second child, I honestly can't really remember that exact moment of finding out. I do know that my husband was there when I took the test.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye.

    All three of my kids were surprises, same story I got the home preg. tests. With my oldest daughter, I kept the stick for a long time. We just kept looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your story! :)

    I think my dh and I went and bought a test together and so we saw the results at the same time. I kept my stick for a while too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke him up waving a home pregnancy test in his face saying "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God". He was in a bit of shock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had been at my parent's house for the weekend helping my best friend pick out her wedding dress and doing girly things. We had only JUST started to try to concieve but I was a week late. I just had a feeling. I was tired all the time, I felt a little uneasy and on the way home I picked up a pregnancy test at Rite Aid. As soon as I walked in the door, I gave him a hug and went straight to the bathroom to take the test. My husband knew I had this feeling because I called him on route. I was so nervous that we both went in and looked together and we couldn't believe it when we saw the positive result! We were overjoyed we kept re-reading the instructions to make sure.. Then we went out to eat to celebrate where we were surrounding by crying babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always do the test first thing in the morning then wake him up with the news.
    Something for you at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we just came out and told them. Nothing creative. :-)

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...