Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Fell off the wagon?



Not me? I actually jumped on ... The bandwagon that is... I FINALLY went to see what all the commotion was about... AND??? It was well deserved. I am a big vampire fan, but was a little skeptical when all the buzz started. I didn't get a chance to read any of the books, and slightly regret it. Not because the movie would have been any more enjoyable, because it was extremely entertaining, but because I am well aware of the injustices the movies do to the original stories...

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I wanted an Edward all to myself by the time it was over (not to mention I wouldn't mind being 17 again ). The story line was easy to follow, the suspense was evenly distributed, and the special effects and drama was justifiably delicious.. I am however going to take the time and still read the novel, and hope that my daughters let me read them all before the movies come out. If I enjoyed the film, I KNOW I will enjoy the books, and I'm hoping they will fill in the blanks and answer some of the questions left looming throughout the film..

If you haven't seem it? Young, old, skeptical, or just plain cheap? I highly recommend it... I'm proud to say, I'm no longer a Twilight virgin...




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

8 comments:

  1. You are going to love the books too! Seeing the movie is what made my 17year old (who has only read one other book in her life by choice) read book one, two and she is almost done with three. Then I read them (well passed her up) and gave them to my oldest daughter and she read them all!

    They are awesome and I look forward to the second movie next November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the books or seen the movie...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to give in and read them and see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attagirl! I am slightly obsessed with Edward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still off the wagon! But I have the book on my nightstand. It is up next!

    I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked it! I started reading the books in the summer & loved them & the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should read the books.. you will love edward even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you finally got to see the movie. I'm going to read the books now also. I think I've actually heard more about the books since I saw the movie than the actual movie.

    Davida

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went with my daughter, who had read the 1st 2 books, to see the movie and I really enjoyed it. She is currently reading the 3rd book and I bought her the 4th for Christmas (sshh, don't tell her!).

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...