Friday, December 12, 2008

Aloha Friday #14



In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Kalani @ An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. What's that you ask? I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!





Today’s question is:

What do you do different on Christmas with your family that you didn't do as a child?

Me?  I guess we try to have a tree and some Christmas sprit.  Or should I say, My husband does.  Me?  I'm a bit of a scrooge.  We never really celebrated ANYTHING growing up.  Not because my mother didn't want to, but we were REALLY underprivileged, and for as much as she tried, we din;t get around to too many trees, birthday cakes, or colored eggs.  We had each other, and that was enough... May explain why I feel that a lot of this stuff is hub bub.... But, I'll have to start adjusting my attitude... My gremlins are almost old enough to buy into the bullsh.. I mean magic.. hehehehe

Yeah.. So what.. BAH HUMBUG... lol..





<

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes we go see a movie with the kids later in the day. We NEVER would have done that as kids ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrate Chanukah pretty much the same way we did when I was little. If anything hubby and I have probably scaled back from the gift giving to put more attention on the true miracle of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We typically spend the day @ home. When I was little we always went to Grandma's for dinner but we're too far away now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pretty much do the same traditions with our kids as we did as kids. We add in just a few different things here and there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at my mother-in-law's house we wait until Christmas morning to open all the gifts. At my parent's house we always opened most on Christmas eve. Oh and we have a fake tree. My parent's tree is fake now too, but we always had a real one when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We now open more gifts than we did when I was a child... And the food, traditions, etc. were different... and this is with my grandchildren... With my kids? Very poor Christmas, but as a child? Wonderful, Christmas was special then.. Even the fruits and foods were only available for the holidays, Now? too commercial...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since its just the hubby and I we have started to watch Its a wonderful life every chrsitmas eve. We have done it for 5 years now in a row this will be our sixth year. We spend it alone and curl up with each other and watch this movie and be thankful for what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I've tended to do things the same way that they happened when I was little. The one thing really different, is the big family Christmas Eve party with my husband's side of the family. There's some intersting German food that goes along with that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great question.. I guess we spend more time with friends. I have a great group of best friends and we get together with our families all the time. We can seriously take over a restaurant. We are all like family. We love to visit christmas sites and have parties and all that stuff. I love those girls. My parents tended to stick to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly... nothing!!!
    HA HA HA
    I am stuck in my ways, lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stay home on Christmas Eve. We always went visiting when I was little, but I find it too hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any extended family around, but ALL of my husbands family is around! So we have lots and lots of parties and visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. We take an evening to drive around and look at Christmas lights. Every year our local newspaper list award winning light diplays and we like to go and see them.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...