Friday, December 5, 2008

Aloha Friday #13







In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Kalani @ An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. What's that you ask? I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!





Today’s question is:

Do you notice and compare the quality of gifts given vs. received?


I overheard a comment the other day from someone I care about, that just about BLEW me away. She mentioned that she was so tired of giving great gifts and NEVER receiving anything good for Christmas... WHAT?

I was offended. I always put great thought into what I get for her. I honestly can't remember ANYTHING she's given ME for Christmas. Not that it matters, but obviously it couldn't have been THAT great.. lol..

What happened to it's the thought that counts?

I honestly don't EXPECT anything for the holidays, therefore anything that comes my way is extremely welcome.. To me, it's not what you give, it's that we meant enough to you that you thought of us on Christmas.

Do you keep count?






<

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

10 comments:

  1. No, I definitely do not keep track. I know that there is thought and care put into gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never compare.

    I am happy with whatever I receive because someone thought of me.


    http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/2008/12/aloha-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just grateful that someone thought of me! No tracking gifts here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is horrible!! No way! Plus..what she thinks might be great to her..MIGHT not be so great to someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never compare, or keep track! Since having my babies, it is all about them, and my perfect gift on Christmas morning are their smiles. Before kids I loved opening the presents, now it just seems so minor compared to their reactions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is quite the statement to make. I don't really need anything, so I don't really worry about what people give me. I don't give a ton, either, to be honest, but I do create small things for people I care about and I hope they appreciate them more than that lady does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't keep track. I hope others around me don't either. I am happy if someone thinks of me. Ok, so I have mentioned before that my husband tends to give weird gifts, but I don't think that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats amazing they said that.. but then again.. I guess I know people like that too. Goodness, I don't care what I receive or If I get anything.. Growing up my parents really instilled in us to give.. and not expect.. so I still carry that around with me now. Now don't get me wrong.. I won't be too mad if there is a gift under the tree with my name on it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, keeping track is not my gig. Besides, it is hard to compare my lumps of coal with all the fabulous gifts everyone else gets!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't keep score at all and I would be offended if I heard someone say that, too! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...