Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Preaching to my baby?


The other day my mom bought two little baby dolls for the girls. I remember telling her that they were possessed dolls, the noises and cooing they'd make were just plain off. I personally did not like them, but the girls were OK with them and I didn't want to hurt my mother's feelings.

Last night as I was watching the 11PM news, I see the dolls. You have got to be hiding me, Satanic verses? Preaching Islam? How crazy is that. Funny thing is I knew it was off, but even after I heard this, I could for the life of me hear where they were getting this. Today, I looked up the news report and now I can't stop hearing it. Here is the story:

Parents are outraged about the messages they're hearing from a doll. It's Fisher-Price's "Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Cuddle and Coo" doll. Some people claim they can hear it mumble "Satan is king" in one track; then clearly speak "Islam is the light" in another. Gary Rofkahr of Owasso was at his office, when a man brought the doll in to show his co-workers. "There's no markings on the box to indicate there's anything Islamic about this doll," Rofkahr said. Rofkahr said he found several versions of the doll at Wal-Mart and Target in Owasso. Those stores have since been pulled the dolls from the shelves. The dolls are sold nationwide. A Target spokesperson said their company has no plans to pull the doll from all of its shelves.

Click Here for more on the story and to hear for yourself. What do you think, do I have a satanic terrorist doll riding in my van, make that two? Would you try to return them? Would love to hear what you think.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...