Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The longest Day

I've been feeling a little under the weather lately... Physically, mentally, and emotionally.. Been one of those weeks..lol..

Last week I had some abdominal pain... It started around 1800 and wouldn't subside. I tossed, I turned, I walked around the house, and NOTHING would alleviate the pain. Around 0430 the girls started to wake a bit, and when I decided to get up, I couldn't breathe. It was the scariest feeling. I usually am a big fan of sucking it up. I'm sure many of you know what I mean. There aren't enough hours in the day, days in the week etc. I tend to multitask like a champ, can NEVER do just one thing at a time, that's a waste of time..lol.. (Shoot I can't afford to). Well, back on track.. I've been feeling this pain for about 2 months now, on and off, and never get around to seeing a doctor. Always something else to do. This time, my procrastination (or denial) bit me in the @ss. I had no choice but go to the ER, I mean I'd hit rock bottom, and good thing too. Turns out I had Cholecystitis, which is a fancy word for YO GALLBLADDER GOTS 2 GO...


Yup..


Everything went well, but they had to keep me overnight... I still had 5 stones in my ducts that they could not get out and they'd have to dig down (through my mouth) the following day to retrieve.. Yipee!!!!

Of course the first thoughts when they told me was my girls.. I cried for a good 2 hours (this is an exaggeration... shoot longest day deserves the longest cry. what kind of momma would I be if I admit to crying and caving in only after 45 minutes? )till I agreed to let them do surgery. All the usual running through my mind.
  • Will they be alright
  • Will they miss me
  • I didn't say good bye like it'd be the last time
  • What if it was the last time
  • Oh GOD what if I die
I think you get the picture.. But My wonderful sister promised she'd bring them to see me in the evening if they don't release me..

She didn't.

Yes, I'm still sore about that..

This was the first time I EVER went longer than 2 hours apart form them, let alone overnight.

This was my longest (loneliest) day.



Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. How awful to first have to feel like crap, then have to have surgery, and THEN have to be away from the girls.

    Glad you are getting better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you were sick, gallbladder problems are awful.

    How did your little ones do? Heck, mine hardly even notice I'm gone, especially if they get to be with their cooler (everyone's cooler than mom) aunt or uncle.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...