Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's just a little white lie.

I know the girls are still young, and I know the never ending inquisitive questions won't be tickling my ears for a few years now. I mean, their vocabulary doesn't extend past mama, Dada, baba, and Nana... lol..

I still can't help but to wonder just how I'm going to handle some of them. There are so many different opinions out there. I remember asking my mom the infamous, "Where do babies come from?" Being the eldest of four, there were plenty of opportunities for me to wonder, if you know what I mean, but I can still remember what she told me. She exclaimed that my father would draw us as babies on her belly, and the we'd grow, like flowers. Do you know that I was content with that answer forever. Can't really pin point if I believed it, or just lost interest, but I stopped inquiring. I guess I was very content with whatever they told me, and my mom states I was extremely inquisitive. Well, I came across a web site called Wondertime and they have a very interesting article on just this very subject. I'm not 100% on one side of the other when it comes to telling it all or sugar coating it, I assume I'll have to take it all one question at a time, I mean hell, one child at a time too.. I guess I'm just afraid of opening a can of worms I can't close back up.. But, one thing I found to be an invaluable piece of information was that children are usually ready for the information when they ask it. I'd love to hear your thoughts, advice, stories.... Share!!!





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...