Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Sis


Today is my little sister's birthday... I remember the day she was born. I remember my parents loading my brother and I in the family car, I believe it was a brown El Camino ( my parents called it El Cancer, I'm sure no translation is needed), and heading to the hospital. I remember the nurse siting my brother and I on the desk and entertaining us as my mom went into labor. I remember her asking us whether we wanted a little brother or a little sister. Me? I asked for a sister, I already had a brother. My brother? By gosh he asked for a little brother of course. At the ages of 3 and 4 we were no dummies, we had 9 months to think about it. I was right of course being older and female, it was inevitable.

Sis, you have been my rival, my playmate, my friend, and my confidant. I thank God everyday for being right, I mean blessed. May you enjoy your day and all those to come. Here's celebrating all that you are!!!!

( you got lucky, I didn't post that picture of you with the Disco Kid t-shirt and that wonderful 70's fro)







Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...