Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The 10PM Juggle


It has been several nights now, that the hibernation habits of my darlings has changed. We have our little night time routines and usually once they are down, they're down for the count. Well, last night makes night number 4 in the past week that disruption has peered in for a visit. Bed time starts at 8:00Pm, and they're usually asleep by 8:30PM. Lately, around 9:00PM to 9:30PM, either Star or Luna will start to get restless, and then, the screaming begins. She'll start to cry, really cry, tears and all. My heart is breaking, but at the same time, I'm desperate to get her back to sleep in fear that she'll awaken her sister. I sing, i rock, i feed, i change diapers, now I have a clean, fed, cared for baby, i should be fine right? Wrong! this will go on for at least 45 minutes and I don't know what is wrong. She sleeps, Finally! I go back to doing one of the million things I have to leave for evening to do because there aren't enough hours in the day. Now, maybe 35-40 minutes later I hear another scream. I'll come running upstairs and it'll be the other sister. I don;t think she was awakened by her dear sleeping sibling, if that was the case, she would have awoken during all that commotion right? well, here we go again. I know the routine well.
Last night was different, Star awoke first, and Luna shortly after her sister went to sleep. Wouldn't you know it, I was starving and had not gotten a chance to have dinner. Usually if I don't eat by 9Pm, I'll go with a banana or nothing at all, except I was starving. I had made some enchiladas and fresh Pico de Gallo for a friend who just had a baby (1 less meal for her family to have to worry about) and decided to make enough to share (with family and a few in the freezer for me). I had been craving these enchiladas all day. Now it's 930Pm and still can't get Luna to get back to sleep, so heck I take her downstairs with me. I know every bit of my better judgement was telling me NOOOOOOO! But, I really was exhausted from trying to get them to sleep... Now, I have proof that I'm a bad mommy, here's my wonderful daughter enjoying some of mommy's enchiladas at 9:30Pm. Come on, I know many of us have had those bad Mommy moments... confess, what are some of yours?




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comment:

  1. Luckily for me, with age comes forgetfulness...so I can't remember any of my bad mommy moments, LOL.

    This one isn't bad at all if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...