Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finally

Finally got back on Saturday from our camping trip. Can I tell you that 16 hours with a 7 year old, a 9 year old, and 9 month old twins is not fun. The trip was so long. We were exhausted when we arrived. After we set up camp, and took our showers it seems we found a little bit of stored energy.
OK the kids found some extra stored energy. I really needed a nap. I was very excited with our site this year was wonderful, very spacious and near the water, extremely beautiful.
It was wonderful after a long day to have dinner straight from the fire during the sun setting on the lake, very breath taking. I have to admit, it was a little challenging with the twins being so young, and not to mention sick. My girls caught their first cold last week, I was devastated. OK not really devastated, but pretty annoyed since I'm never a happy camper when I don't get any sleep (no pun intended). All in all, I would have to say regardless of the numerous obstacles we incurred during this outing, I have no regrets.
This entire trip wasn't about me anyways, it was for my husband and the kids. The kids had a blast, the activities were amazing, and we won family double dare (which made my husband and I heroes in the eyes of my niece and nephew).
Plus, my husband got to spend a little extra time with his family before the long deployment.








Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...