Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You want to Borrow WHAT?

So, I've been watching that new show on NBC, The Baby Borrowers. It's one heck of a social experiment, where teens get to see if they'd make good parents. There are 5 couples (teens from age 18-20) who have to set up a home, get a job and become caring parents first to babies, toddlers, pre-teens and their pets, teenagers and senior citizens -- all over the course of three weeks. . HAHAHAHAHA. I found the show rather interesting, there were tantrums, crying, and puking, and that doesn't even include the babies.



Honestly, I don't know if I could just hand over my infants OR toddlers to complete strangers, I have a hard time leaving the girls with their FATHER for an hour. Aside from my issues, these are children with NO experience. I do have to admit, some of them surprised me as to how well they stepped up to the plate. However never once did I see anyone cleaning, cooking, or doing any sort of housework. Yeah taking care of an infant is hard work (tell me about it, I have two) but the true test is can you care for a baby, work and do all the other fun stuff that comes with the territory of parenthood?



I've been saying for a LONG time, that this would be a wonderful idea to get the point across to those baby starved teens. I was a subscriber for the past 9 years. A subscriber means I would check kids out (mostly my nieces and nephew and maybe a friend or two) , and take them to the movies, eat ice cream, park etc. but return them at the end of the day, like blockbuster, you know? I yearned for my own, but 1 or 2 hours with them, and I was glad to be sterile. I used to call that contraceptive hour! But now, being a parent, I've got mixed feelings as to whether I could do something like that?

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...