Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No more JAVA!!


Came across an interesting article on how to quit drinking coffee in 14-days. I'm not a coffee drinker, but my mom is definitely an addict. My mother will forgo eating all day and sustain herself simply on coffee. She's a chain drinker, rinse a cup to serve another. I was surprised to see the pros to drinking coffee, I mean, I didn't think there was ANYTHING positive about a cup of caffeine, I was wrong. (no surprise there) . In my opinion the cons still outweighed the pros. The article also goes into breaking down exactly HOW MUCH caffeine are in some of the most popular java spots' drinks. I'm not preaching, I know the stuff is good, and although I was never a cup a day girl, it was hard fr me to NOT drink ANY coffee during pregnancy. It was easier for me to give up smoking and I had done that for 18 years. I just wanted to put this out there, because I know this can be an addiction, and taken very lightly, and I know there may be someone out there that really wants to quit, or reduce their intake of coffee. If this pertains to you, read the article, if not? At least walk away with a new fun fact: Statistically speaking 1 grande Starbucks coffee a day can cause insomnia.. WOW!!!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

3 comments:

  1. Like most things, moderation is the key! I drink a cup or two in the morning. My folks were coffee drinkers and would have a pot or two during the day! They'd drink it black, and strong! My mom would also drink a lot of water...my dad, however, was almost at the same level as your mom! Great post! BTW, I'm adding your blog to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have no desire to give it up. As long as you don't have high blood pressure, which I don't, coffee has so many benefits. I have 3 cups a day and I have no downsides from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Congrats I just wanted let you know you won a Parking Pal from my blog.

    Shoot me an email back before Saturday with your full name and shipping info. I'll forward it on to the company and they will get your prize sent out. :)

    leslie_512@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...