Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Moving out?

As a new parent, I have come to realize that things really aren't always what they seem. Before getting pregnant, I used to preach about how I would NEVER sleep with my children in my bed. My parents did it, my sister, brother, etc. and I was certain that set-up was NOT for me. Now, reality check!!!! Another one of the many "I'll NEVER do THAT" 's, that I've SO done....



It started when the girls were just a month or so old, they had stuffy noses, and I would lay them on my chest at night because it would help them sleep better. I would sometimes fall asleep, and it didn't take me long to realize that they would sleep longer too. Shortly after, they outgrew their bassinets, and the SMART thing to have done, would have been to place them in their cribs to sleep. Now, I've been know to stray away from what's smart a time or two and this was one of them. I don't know if it was the convenience, my selfishness of needing a little extra sleep, or down right laziness, but we let them sleep in bed with us. Of course it was just till they felt better, then till daddy got back so I didn't have to sleep alone, and any number or excuses.


Now, they've become much more mobile, and the days of finding them where I left them is over. I NEED to have them sleep in the crib. I have been placing them in one crib for their naps, but they don't fall asleep. They just start playing with each other, and eventually begin to fight and cry. Today, I placed them in separate cribs after they were asleep, and they napped. Granted it was only a 1/2 hour, but it was a step in the right direction none the less.


My babies are moving out, and I haven't figured out if I'm happy or sad. I think I'll miss them...















Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comment:

  1. Ah well I have never done the 'right thing' when it comes to this as my twins slept in our room (in cribs or sometimes in our bed) until they were almost two and my baby boy is still sleeping next to us and we have no plans of moving him out any time soon... But then it works for us and feels right for us, so that is what is important!
    Hope you all get some sleep whenever and wherever it happens!

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...