Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independece?

Happy Independence Day!!!


I found some really neat ideas, and would like to share it with some of you. I was feeling crafty, believe it or not, I managed to do something creative with the little time I have. .. Just wanted to share with you my new patriotic spirit.





I actually used scrap book paper I had left over, and downloaded the pattern from the Martha Stewart website. The umbrellas are really easy to make, can double as stirrers and are handy for identifying individual drinks.

and of course, what good would the parasols be without... some drinks, I'm going to be serving Fireworks, which is a great drink for those who love champagne. For those kiddies and Designated drivers we'll have some non-alcoholic drinks as well, like an Unfuzzy Navel, and a Screwless Driver. All of these drinks are very tasty and sooo easy to make.

Just some ideas..

I have also been preparing some food, that my family loves.. Lumpia, Ceviche and my famous 7 layer dip!!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Can't wait to chow down tomorrow... and fireworks to boot. It'll be the girl's first fourth of July, I know they won't remember it, but I want it to be special.
What did you do for this fourth? Do you have any traditions?

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you have so many plans! My husband and I moved far away from our hometown and landed in Tucson, AZ about 3.5 years ago. We made some friends, but most of them got scared away when I got pregnant with my daughter. I guess kids freak people out! So tomorrow, whatever we do, it'll be me, my hubby, and our baby for her first fourth of July.

    I hope you have a great time! I know we will.

    Cheers!
    Teresa
    www.naturalbabybiz.com
    sonoranspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Teresa, you'll be in my thoughts. You and your family can unofficially spend Sakura's first fourth with us.. :) and I so know what you mean about getting pregnant freaking everyone out. We had a few "couples" (also childless) we used to socialize with quite alot before I got pregnant. As soon as the news hit, my social life fizzled. lol.. My husband was deployed for 7 months, and all our friends abandoned me... hahaha

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...