Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy feet!!!!

I am walking on air. I broke down and left the girls with my mom for an hour and got my feet done. I was in dire need of a good pedicure. Plus the pampering is much needed right about now.

but just a few thing to remember when heading over to the spa according to the EPA:
  • Protect Your Skin!
  • Microorganisms in foot spas can enter through the skin; so broken skin should not come into contact with foot spa water.
  • Do not shave, use hair removal creams, or wax your legs during the 24 hours before receiving treatment in a foot spa.
  • Do not use a foot spa if your skin has any open wounds such as bug bites, bruises, scratches, cuts, scabs, poison ivy, etc.
  • Identifying an Infection- Open wounds appear on the skin of feet and legs. Initially they may look like insect bites, but they increase in size and severity over time, and sometimes result in pus and scarring.
  • Cause of Infections- Some incidents of foot spa infections have been caused by Mycobacterium fortuitum. This organism can occur naturally in water and soil. Other organisms have also been found in foot bath systems. The screens and tubes of foot spas are particularly good places for the bacteria to collect and grow, often forming dense layers of cells and proteins called bio films, which can be very hard to remove.

Prevention is the key, and a good masseuse. I'd have to say my feet are happy feet.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...