Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Funny name, Great taste!


I was visiting my in laws in RI a few weeks ago, for my father in-law's retirement party, when we suddenly were on the subject of strange things to eat. You know, peanut butter and bananas, french fries and chocolate fudge sundaes, pickles and ice cream etc. Don't know if it came about when we started talking about what cravings I had while pregnant with the twins or if the kids just got us into that conversation, but Uncle J mentions a Fluffernutter. I had never heard of such a thing so I asked what it was. Turns out it's a sandwich made of peanut butter and Marshmallow fluff, and there's a name for it? Now, I don't particularly like marshmallow fluff, so it did not sound appealing to me, and I told him, he just shrugged and said it's a New England thing. I had to laugh, because that's my husband's excuse to all things that make NO sense to me. Now I think THAT must be a New England thing. But back to the sandwich, my husband is usually the one to do most of the cooking since we had the girls, just because that's his version of chipping in, but now he's gone and I find myself lost, without enough time to eat. So, I'm downstairs and it seems that my pantry is practically empty and my fridge? Well, you can hear an echo in there.. I found myself scrounging for something to eat and realizing i had to go shopping for food (I hate shopping of all sorts, especially grocery shopping and with two infants I dread it even more) . But wait ... I have the ingredients for a fluffernutter. I am extremely picky when it comes to food, but today I am more hungry than picky and I decide to give it a try. WOW, this is really good. I mean I wouldn't eat one everyday, but I don;t necessarily have a sweet tooth, but I would definitely eat it again and recommend it to a friend. I know my husband would be proud of my new found appreciation for a New England thing.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl, you should look into online grocery shopping. Not sure if there's one near you but FarmFresh has this options. When my hubby was gone (literally 2 days after our baby was born) I would go online, order my food and they would either deliver it to me or I would go by and pick it up. I loved it, it was the best and I saved money because I only bought what I really needed. As for the fluff and stuff---ouch on the sugar and fat level. Sorry I'm a fitness trainer so this little treat sounds a bit off balance and extremely yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter and bananas, french fries and chocolate fudge sundaes... my husband makes these and I fear my kids enjoy his cooking more than mine. LOL

    A fluffernutter sounds delish... I always used that word to describe weird people... heheh oh well, learn something new everyday. ;) Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I know... it's bad for me... but sooooooo good... sorry terie this post probably made you cringe..but thanks for the online shopping idea.. it's a GREAT idea... and anne, I think I love your husband's cooking too.. and by your definition... shoot we're a family of fluffernutters..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fluffernutters are pretty good according to my son as he stands here devouring it. I asked him if he'd ever eat one and he said " lets see" lol. He gives his stamp of approval and says thank you for the new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I am feeling myself expand as I read--but keep in mind that I love a sweet something every now and again. I have a blog where I talk about fitness and about my occasional weaknesses too...Oreo cookies and milk, when I come home with these babies just stay away.

    I used to make a protein shake with peanut butter, bananas, milk and extra protein powder--it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...