Sunday, July 13, 2008

FREEdom!!!!

Lately I've been in a bit of a rut. My sailor will be leaving soon and this time it will be different. I've never been through a deployment with kids. (Yeah I know, the last one I was pregnant with the girls, but I don't count it, come on now) Everyone says it'll be better, I won't feel so alone, I'll be so busy I won't even notice, blah blah blah. I say, I'll be home more, which means I'll miss him more, I have the girls, which means THAT'S a constant reminder, and more busy? you think? If he was here he could help.
Well, I really needed to get over it, and stop my self pity party, I'll have plenty of time to enjoy that later (and if you're feeling like a hater.. It's MY party and I'll Sulk if I want to). In the meantime I stumbled upon something great, no stupendous!!! I love free stuff just as much as the next person, but free stuff I need or want? That's just icing on the cake. Build a Sign is running a great promotion. They are offering a free 3'x6' banner to celebrate the homecoming of your hero. This kinda cheered me up. I ALWAYS wanted to have a sign for his homecoming, but felt a little cheesy. A one woman sign? wouldn't that make me look desperate? (or creepy?) well, who cares, now I can have my sign... and did I mention for free? woo hoo.. All you have to do is pay shipping, and they have some really great designs..
Our troops are out there going through hard times, and I know (cause I was there) nothing brings a smile to your face faster than that little extra to show someone cares.

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    I know all too well how you feel. Been there done that whole deployment with kids thing. Sometimes it was easier because I didn't have to cook big family meals and when they went to bed I had free reign of my husbands throne, but those times I also missed him. It did get easier over time and we got into a routine. The sign ideas is really awesome. Give yourself permission to whine and then just have some wine to get over it ...best of all to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...