Saturday, July 19, 2008

10 Tips for surviving Twins







I don't mean to sound rude, or mean, but I came across this and had to chuckle.

Top 10 Survival Strategies: The First Few Months with Twins/Multiples

  1. Connect With Other Families: Totally agree, but right now, I'm lucky if I see another adult except on commercials, when I DO turn on the TV, but who has time for that? I think long and hard to get out of the house unless I HAVE to. Unless I have someone with me, which is rare since S. is almost always deployed, I'm a homebody.
  2. Stock Up on Supplies: Totally agree, now you spend more time in the store, and more time loading the supplies, that just leads to two crying rowdy infants and just more stuff to lug in when you get home, because you have plenty of time once you get home to get them out of car seats, fed, changed, relaxed etc. to go off load an extra large cargo.
  3. Sleep When the Babies Sleep: This one doesn't fly with my husband. Just kidding, but HA! are you kidding me? There's a list a mile long of things to do and you get maybe an hour here and there when they nap if you're lucky. 95% of the times that hour is spent getting ready for when they wake up, which leaves 2:00AM being the perfect time to do laundry clean house and anything else that hasn't been done in the past 3 months.. Although I did try and sneak in a nap once with them and as soon as I laid down, I started thinking of all I had to do, the laundry, the grocery shopping, the grocery list, gas up the van, etc. and I wasn't even really tired. By the end of all that thinking I was exhausted, and the bed started to feel really good. As soon as I accepted the fact that I may need a nap, they woke up.
  4. Get a good stroller- We have a ton of options and affordable too!!! NOT!!
  5. Keep Things Straight- Yeah keep a log of everything!! Add this too all the STUFF on my list in number 3.
  6. Focus on Priorities- There is no focus the first few months, and you have no choice but to let things slide. As far as babies getting a routine? I don't know about everyone else, but as soon as I think I've got something figured all out, they change..
  7. Organize Help- Get help? Where are all these wonderful people and how do you know you can trust them with your infants? lol..
  8. Take Time Out- YEAH!! I think this is a great idea. I tried it once, I couldn't relax, all I kept thinking was are my girls alright.
  9. Be Flexible- Is there a choice here?
  10. Recognize That This “Two” Shall Pass- I'm patiently waiting.

(I know advise should always be taken with a grain of salt because what works for some may not work for others. These are some great tips and so true, I just wanted to have a little fun, If I've offended anyone please forgive me. )

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...