Saturday, May 31, 2008

What to get Daddy?

Well, I'll begin with a little background. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for 12 years before we were blessed with the news that we were going to be parents. He has wanted to be a dad so bad, and is such a great father. I truly admire his patience and grace with his daughters.
Now I'm faced with the dilemma of what to get him for his first Father's Day. He's not wishy washy, or extremely expressive. I received Flowers for my first mother's day. What really got me thinking is that I would have liked something a little more wow. I wanted something WOW, something sentimental to mark my first mother's day till eternity. (I know I'm asking a lot!!! I can't really blame him, he was deployed at the time and the flowers were quite an effort if you know my husband).
So, here I am, he'd probably be just as happy with a card. I don't know, what do you get a man for his FIRST father's day. The twins aren’t old enough to make something, and he doesn’t really need anything. He's a sailor, so he wears a uniform to work, and that negates the typical father's day gifts of socks or ties... lol...

But I don't want it to be typical... Even if he feels ANYTHING will do NOW, I'm thinking when we're 160 or so, he may look back and be even more appreciative that I gave it some thought.

I'm really at a loss...

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored at work so I
    decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.

    I really like the info you provide here and can't wait to
    take a look when I get home. I'm amazed at how
    fast your blog loaded on my cell phone ..

    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, superb site!


    my website ... books of ra kostenlos

    ReplyDelete

WE absolutely LOVE comments... Thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I appreciate you leaving me your thoughts and ideas...